Saturday, July 21, 2018

7/18/18 Wednesday


              Sadly, today we departed the Spokane Tribe Reservation Powwow grounds. I woke up earlier around 5:30am to pack all my clothes and pick up my tent. But as I was picking up, I heard screams from people and it turns out that buster the dog from the fairgrounds got beat up by three other wild dogs. When I went over construction workers and the other people from the religious group were standing around buster. I felt really sad because he had been such a good pet host and he could not even get back up, and if he did he was limping. Later that morning breakfast was made, we had huckleberry pancakes. I really enjoy when we leave the campsites because we always end up cooking good breakfast other than cereal and beagles. After breakfast, I finished my blogs with the help of Omar because my computer was not working that day. So Omar let me borrow his laptop to upload my blogs, “thanks, Omar.” Around noon Warren Seyler arrived to pick up one of my group members belongings because she had to depart from the trip due to an urgent personal problem. I was glad that we were allowed to write a farewell letter because she was a great person. Around 2:00 pm we departed camp to the Colville’s reservation. I was actually sad to have to leave the hospitality of Warren Seyler and his tribe, from the bottom of my heart, I will never forget those days we were there.

              The trip to the Colville reservation took around three hours long. On the way there I fell asleep a couple of times. When we arrived there it was extremely hot and to make matters worse the camping spot that we were assigned to was literally in the desert. When we got there no one wanted to set up their tents because there was no shade in sight. It was also pretty windy and as a result, some of the tents from camp kept flying away. I mean it was nice that we had running water for the RV and there were bathrooms with showers. But it was not all bad because we were camped right in the side of the upper Columbia River. Everyone hated this campsite, but in secret I actually liked it. When it was night time I took a shower and there was a nice breeze from the river. Because my tent has windows and another door in the back, I had a great view of the night starts and the river and the breeze felt really good and all this in the privacy of my tent. I looked at the constellations of the starts for a while and counted airplanes in the night sky. Honestly, that has got to be one of the best nights of sleep that I have had on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment